Housing and Urban Development

Where can I find information about buying, selling, and renting homes?

To search for HUD homes, subsidized apartments, and other housing opportunities, please visit HUD in California.

I’m facing foreclosure. What can I do?

Don't lose your home! For guidance on default and foreclosure prevention, visit HUD’s foreclosure resources page for California residents.

How can I contact my local HUD office?

For general questions about HUD or its programs, contact your nearest HUD office:

Sacramento Field Office

Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
John E. Moss Federal Building
Suite 4-200
650 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814-3702

Phone: (916) 498-5220
Fax: (916) 498-5262
Email: Customer Service
TTY: (916) 498-5959

**The Sacramento office serves the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yolo, and Yuba.**

San Francisco Regional Office

Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
600 Harrison Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94107-1300

Phone: (415) 489-6400
Email: Customer Service
Fax: (415) 489-6419
TTY: (415) 489-6735
TTY: (415) 489-6771

**The San Francisco office serves the following counties: San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sonoma, Solano, Santa Cruz, San Benito, Monterey, Del Norte, Humboldt, Mendocino and Lake.**

Are there any other housing resources?