Congressman Thompson is a combat Vietnam veteran, and is committed to helping veterans get the benefits and healthcare they deserve.
The following resources may help you if you or a loved one is a veteran. If these resources are not sufficient, please contact Congressman Thompson.
Veterans Affairs Homepage: www.va.gov
Veterans Healthcare and Benefits
Health Benefits and Services: http://www.va.gov/health/default.asp or call 1877-222-8387
Military Archives: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/
Veterans History Project of the Library of Congress
The Veterans History Project of the Library of Congress American Folklife Center was created by the U.S. Congress in 2000 to collect, preserve, and make accessible the personal accounts of American war veterans so that future generations may hear directly from veterans and better understand the realities of war. Congressman Mike Thompson is currently launching county specific Veterans History Project Steering Committees in Yolo, Lake, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino, Humboldt and Del Norte counties. Put simply – Congressman Thompson needs your help. Please check out the link below for more information on how you can get involved.
The following information is for veterans. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- What other services are available to me?
More information and help
- Where can I get more information on Federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on CALIFORNIA benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?
Information for Military Personnel.
Additional resources, including birth certificates, consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property.