Congressman Thompson is pleased to offer internships to eligible students and recent graduates. Both part-time and full-time internships are offered on a year-round basis in Washington, D.C., Napa, Santa Rosa and Vallejo.
All internships are unpaid; however, arrangements can be made for students to receive credit for their internship through their school or university.
General intern responsibilities include:
- Greeting constituents and answering telephones
- Responding to constituent requests and drafting correspondence
- Providing tours of the Capitol
- Attending Congressional hearings
- Assisting with legislative research
- Performing administrative tasks, including data entry and mail processing
- Assisting with constituent casework (district offices only)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a list of the dates and times you are available to the office in which you would like to intern. Although there is no formal deadline, please keep in mind that summer internships in our Washington, D.C. office fill quickly. If you have any further questions, please contact the office to which you wish to apply.
If you would like more information on Congressional Internships—please contact my office.